You will need the following: A means of getting the bottom of your foot wet and a paper grocery bag or piece of cardboard paper. This method also will work on dark hardwood floors with lightly damp feet.
The above is what a normal (medium arch) foot print will look like. Notice that there is a light shadow print around the arch.
Here is where we see the other two possibilities that will tell you if you have a high arch or a low arch (flat foot). But have no fear, we have solutions for you.
First, lightly dampen your feet in water.
Second, stand on your paper bag or cardboard paper. My favorite is walking across a dark hardwood floor with lightly damp feet, preferably after a shower.
Flat Feet Symptoms
- Feet tire easily.
- Painful or achy feet, especially in the areas of the arches and heels.
- The inside bottom of your feet become swollen.
- Foot movement, such as standing on your toes, is difficult.
- Back and leg pain.
High Arch Symptoms
- Hammertoes (bent toes) or claw toes (toes clenched like a fist)
- Calluses on the ball, side or heel of the foot
- Pain when standing or walking
- An unstable foot due to the heel tilting inward, which can lead to ankle sprains
Even with Normal Arches you can have pain and everyday discomfort ...
Just because you have Normal Arches does not mean you are immune to pain and discomfort. Arch supports mean less fatigue and more performance with every step you take.